Lithuanian Radiation Protection Society
The Lithuanian Radiation Protection Society (Lietuvos Radiacines Saugos Draugija, LRSD) is a voluntary non-profit public organization uniting people of different professions whose activities are related to protecting people and the environment from the harmful effects of ionizing radiation.
The main objective is to accumulate and disseminate knowledge and experience about the harmful effects of ionizing radiation on humans and the environment.
In pursuing its goal, LRSD carries out the following tasks:
- Maintains relations with Lithuanian institutions, whose activities relate to radiation protection and protection against non-ionizing radiation or the use of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation sources;
- Initiates new or new concepts of radiation protection and safety from non-ionizing radiation proposed by international and other organizations;
- Maintains relations with international organizations and associations, radiation protection organizations of other countries and other related organizations;
- Organizes meetings and conferences in which theoretical and practical issues of radiation protection and safety from non-ionizing radiation are considered;
- Informs the public about the issues of radiation protection and safety from non-ionizing radiation, the activities of the LRSD, promote their goals and tasks; - if necessary, formally expresses its position on specific issues of radiation protection and safety from non-ionizing radiation.
Members of the Governing Body
President: Olga Sevriukova
General Assembly Delegates
2016-2020 General Assembly Delegate: Dovile Serenaite